Thursday, January 31, 2008

Not Gone and Hopefully Not Forgotten

A week without blogging – the cardinal rule of what not to do in this virtual opinion outlet. Truth be told, I haven’t had any encounters that made me pause, look skyward, and internally mutter, “Story of my life.”

Have you given up on me in favor of people who feel behooved to post more than once per week? No, you say? I don’t blame you.

Since Monday, I’ve taken up the habit of walking to work for a grand (oh yes it is) total of 4 miles as a self-commitment to prepare for the AVON Walk for Breast Cancer. It takes an hour and 15 minutes, though only feels like 20 (maybe even 19). I listen to NPR as I walk, which made me think of a future topic for a blog post, but I’m not ready yet. Please don’t rush me.

Since I’m saving metro fare by walking me-self to work, I thought it reasonable to counteract the savings by purchasing a soy café au lait along the 4 mile joyous walk. Only once. The other days I stuck to the free (and delightful) coffee served in the lobby of my building (which just gave my rent a swift kick in the ass). Think before you sip. And I did. I’m all the richer and still equally caffeinated.

While walking to work hasn’t induced story of my life moments, it is quickly changing my life, as well as the way my pants fit. I’m finally getting rid of some of the evidence those gingerbread bastards left on my thighs since the holidays.

I also have more time at night since I’m exercising before work, so I've been spending most evenings reading this book because the author is coming to speak at my place o’ paycheck in March. Perhaps he’ll whisk me away to write for TV. That would add stories to my life and improve my role as a blogger.

(Did I just identify as a “blogger”?) I’m having an identity conundrum. Now that’s the story of my life.

No comments: