Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Met Him at the Bank of America

As in The Shangri-Las classic song, Leader of the Pack.

Just a few months into my job, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a holiday bonus. In an act of maturity (see Dad, I can make wise choices), I decided to open a savings account.

I went to my local Bank of America, feeling positive about the imminent emptying of my pockets. Brian, the Bank of America manager, emerged from his open-air cubicle with a 3-piece, pin-striped suit and a firm handshake.

He was tall, with sandy brown hair and a youthful glow that capped his age at no older than 26. But how was he the Manager of Bank of America? Isn’t that something that requires years of ascending the bank’s ladder (what do I know)? By golly we have an over-achiever on our hands.

I asked Brian about the options when opening a savings account. He said it depended on how much I was planning on depositing.

“Oh, only like 500.” (Any suspicion of my being a trust-fund baby just went out the window.)

Brian was silent and stared at me. Either he thought I was a looker or a pauper.

I’m sorry I failed you, the Manager of Bank of America.

So I added, “…dollars,” in case there was any confusion. I think Brian then thought that I must have felt bad about my financial situation (I do) when I emphasized the word dollars, because he responded with, “No, no, that’s really, really good!”

Really, really?

We began the necessary paperwork and signature by signature I found myself checking Brian out, noticing his ringless indicative finger and nice complexion.

Vroom! Vroom! [Cha-ching! Cha-ching!]

Stop it, Jackie. Stop it.

Look out, look out, oh look out!

Money dealings must generate confidence because I gave Brian my business card. Granted it was so he could enter my work address and email into the system, but I didn’t take it back from him post data entry. You bet I didn’t.

That’s when I fell for the Manager of Bank of America.

As he was searching for something on his desk (the key to his heart?), Brian picked up a new pair of socks and told me that an elderly woman came by earlier to give the bank’s staff holiday presents. Brian loved the socks.

Brian, I think I love you.

He also mentioned that another customer gave him a bottle of wine which he gave away because he doesn’t drink.

Brian, take me now.

Vroom! Vroom! [Cha-ching! Cha-ching!]

We closed the deal (business only) – Story of my life – and parted ways amicably.

I felt so helpless, what could I do
Remembering all the things we’d been through
At school [the bank] they’d all stop and stare
I can’t have a chance [high interest rate] but I don’t care
I’ll never forget him the leader of the pack [bank]...


I got new checks in the mail for the savings account and have been debating whether I should send Brian an email to thank him for his customer service and ask how I can learn more about what the bank (manager) has to offer.

4 comments:

elmosoccers said...

I totally think you should e-mail him. I never hurts and you are a great catch.

Anonymous said...

I really like this one. I remember making up a dance to "the leader of the pack" in Rachel's room. I think you, me, Rachel, and Jordan were supposed to be in it. Ah, those were the days.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://kawyvutot.freecities.com/nahipy.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I make money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my blog to get additional info.

http://theblogmoney.com