Thursday, January 24, 2008

Be a Pal to My Prose

Hi,

I know this is the second favor I’ve asked for in less than 48 hours (the nerve…), but it seems to be the season for giving (to me). I submitted a story to a travel writing contest on
www.Traveling-Stories-Magazine.com for a whopping $150. It’s not about the money, just a fun window into a world where my two loves (traveling and writing) become fused – a world I’d like to dabble in more frequently.

If you click the link above, you’ll see my story – A Hostel Look at Life – on the homepage with a blue ribbon across a neighboring photo that says “FEATURED.” I’ve never been FEATURED before. Story of my life. I like it. I like it a lot.

You can vote for my story by clicking the
Digg.com button at the beginning of the story. The winner is determined by the number of clicks received. Please pass on to friends who have able-bodied phalanges.

As for the story, it over analyzes (what I do best) a day spent in Utrecht, proving that sometimes you just lose control no matter how determined you are with each step you take. It also speaks to the truth that emotions are global, often more poignant when you’re on foreign ground and pay more attention to your place in the world.

Help a prose-drunk kid out. You dig me?

Thank you (repeatedly).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Digg you Jackie. Great story and congrats, I hope you win. You've already got my vote of course.

-RP

Christina said...

Greetings from random internet stalker and blog subscriber!

In my Google RSS reader, I have only the updated feeds showing in my list. As time passed, I thought to myself, "Self, where did 'Story of my life' go?". I changed the settings so all subscriptions would appear, found this subscription and clicked through Ginsberg's nuts blog post to find... you are here and posting but not to your RSS feed. Accidental? Intentional? No idea! Sad? (As I am now a complete RSS convert and have forgotten how to read the internet in any other way!) Definitely!