Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Cold Nuts

If you know me, you know I have a proclivity for eating peanut butter out of the jar, annihilating the plastic treasure chest in just two sittings, sometimes within the same day. Yeah, I know I’m ill.

I give myself breaks between ransacked jars, thinking two months is enough time to heal and I won’t consume the next jar as rapidly. Here looms over my head the saying, “You’re only kidding yourself.”

Sometimes I tell myself that when consuming the crunchy variety (really the only way peanut butter should be made; as in, there’s no chocolate other than dark) to just eat the crunchy parts and avoid the butter. That turns my wrist and forearm into a sticky mess, as I wipe the excess butter on the jar’s rim and then get into trouble as I dig in to violate the jar’s bottom.
Story of my life.

I write this vignette with a jar of peanut butter to my left. All natural peanut butter. The kind that has to be refrigerated after opening. I didn’t think cold peanut butter would be tempting. Once again, “You’re only kidding yourself” resonates loudly and visibly (I think I just got peanut butter on my keyboard. Story of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO- I love you! I was so thinking of you as I read this at work, getting a new labor and delivery unit started, after interviewing for the "Unit Coordinator" position, and remembering what you wrote in my yearbook... something to the effect of "I hope you delivery my babies someday". LMAO.